Life's Chapters

Friday, October 07, 2005

Purpose Driven Life

I guess I am a sentimental person by nature. No matter how resolved I am trying to solidify the heart, the soul refuse somehow to comply with such idea.

I am also better at putting down my words rather than verbally communing them across.

I like to lie down and ponder on stuffs. The stillness of the night is my favourite time. There's a reason why lots of hikmah are present during a third of the night. A reason why we’re encouraged to be awake to perform ibadah. Personally, I feel that that's the time when my heart is at its most delicate shape. When HE speaks and I'll listen. Instead of the usual me doing most of the talking.

I'm reading Taqarrub Mencari Jalan Kebahagiaan at the moment. Written by Al Habib Muhammad Bin Abdullah Al Idrus and originally entitled Idlah Asrari Ulumul Muqarrabin (Penjelasan Rahsia Ilmu Muqarrabin). Do get your hands on this book too. It is among the most concise written book to serve as a guide and reminder. It covers most of our life's aspect and virtues we need to uphold while remaining as a steadfast Muslim. This book is translated and a bit on the berbunga-bunga bahasa side. There're lotsa terms used that may need us to refer to any ustaz/ustazah. Nevertheless, it is quite simple and straight forward and is still one of my most treasured possessions.

We are the products of our past, but we don't have to be prison of it. People hold onto hurts and never got over them. Instead of releasing their pain through forgiveness, we rehearse it over and over again in our minds. (And we thought we’d forgive though not necessarily forget?).

Those who hurt you in the past cannot continue to hurt you now unless you hold onto the pain through resentment (and we say we do not resent). The past is past. Yes? No? Are we being a bitter maid by reflecting on what had happened?

Many people are driven by the need for approval. They allow other people expectations to control their lives, be it parents, spouses, children etc. Many adults are still trying to earn the approval of unpleasable parents. I don’t know all the keys to success, but one of the keys to failure is trying to please everyone.

There, how's that for a food for thought?

I finished reading four books in 2 days. Two really good books I'd recommended are Double Standards-Judith McNaught and Tell Me Your Dreams-Sidney Sheldon. Please, please do read these books. I was in tears reading Double Standards and got my eyes glued and deep in thoughts when reading TMYD.

Am still looking forward for the rest of the days in Ramadhan. May Allah's grace and guidance be upon us all.

Happy moments, praise Allah.
Difficult moments, seek Allah.
Quiet moments, worship Allah.
Painful moments, trust Allah.
Every moment, thank you Allah