Life's Chapters

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Kejadian semalam...

First time in the month of Ramadhan we went to the Bazaar Ramadhan. I kept on reminding myself to bring the camera alas, I forget it somehow. We decided to go to the one operated by the North Kuching City Council (DBKU).

We had to go out since my transcript has arrived and needed to be collected in the post office. We bought my mum a new necklace too. Something that I knew she's always wanted. And need to beli hati dia la before breaking the news to her this weekend. I believe my mum is a good sport.

It is then we decided to drop by the bazaar. Ramai nya umat! I think we met no less than 15 people whom we knew. Suka jalan ngan my mum sebab dia pun kaki jalan jugak. Jumpa orang yang kenal, tarik pi tepi sat. Exchange greetings. Ada few times tuh, orang kat depan tetiba 'emergency brake'. Mata kita pulak dok ralit left and right. "Oh, nak bersalam rupanya."

At first we thought of skipping rice for dinner, so we bought la sugarcane juice, kuih muih berbagai, satay, rojak India, apom and some curry to go with it. Pusing punya pusing ada lah lam 4 kali bazaar tuh, then my mum tanya, "Sure you don't want to get any rice?" What the heck. I pun settled for some nasi beriani. Precisely that moment I knew we over-budgeted our dinner. I was actually torn in between all the bubur asyura, bubur lambuk, bubur pedas, nasi kerabu and laksa penang. =P Now, that's what I call rambang mata!

Food pricing is quite reasonable. Kuih muih range from 0.25-0.30. The kek lapis Sarawak yang colourful tuh pun cost about 0.40-0.60 a slice depending on the intricacy of their design. My favourite kuih keria is no where to be seen. Sangat sedih. Eyed some rencah bubur pedas and cakes to be brought over to KL nanti. Lauk pauk can be bought at RM2 and above. Mak beli sambal rebung RM1 sahaja. Ok lah kan. All in all, we spent less than RM15.

Food verdict: Semua tak sedap langsung. heh. Tak tau nak kata apa la. Komen tu komen, tapi tetap bersyukur gak.

Decided to replenish the date's stock. Mahal nya lah, RM30/kg. Bought some anyway. Glanced at the watch and hurried home. Mana tak, keluar lepas Asar pastu banyak pulak tentatif programnya.

Reached home just in time for iftar. Kelam kabut sampai lupa baca doa berbuka. Teguk ajer air tebu and bila nak popped in the kurma baru ingat, "Bismillahi awal wal akhiru.." heheheeee...

I am reminded of a friend of ours whenever we asked if she's said her doa makan, she'll always reply, "Saja nak bagi syaitan makan puas-puas dulu pastu muntah balik..." heh. Kejam.

Checked my mail and got a reply from dhilah. Thank you for all the many kind advices hun. You're a darling. Earlier this year dhilah accompanied me to meet up with Aunty Wynn. Aunty Wynn said she'll make a fine lawyer one day, and I believe so too. When I meet dhilah, I'm gonna give her a big hug and squeeze her breath out. In fact I'm gonna do that to everyone. Rindu giler dah.

After I manage to retain my composure despite all the smses harassing me, urging me to come down to KL for puasa n raya; I gave in when I received two calls from KL, I told myself "That's it lah!" I'm flying down there next week. My reason being is only to see my friends that I miss so much. And I only have 4 days to accommodate all. I do regret not having the time to come by KT, Machang, Segamat, Seremban, Melaka, Perak and Penang. I have some really good friends there. There's always next time. InsyaAllah.

I found this really interesting site that I'd like to share. Click on.

Doa harian Ramadhan ke-8. (from here)


Image hosted by Photobucket.com


O Allah, on this day, let me have mercy on the orphans, and feed [the hungry], and spread peace, and keep company with the nobleĀ­minded, O the shelter of the hopeful