Life's Chapters

Friday, July 14, 2006

Making Choices

The letter from SP* arrived yesterday. huhuuu...

I'm torn in between two professions I adore equally. I'm not the choosy type see. Thus, every time I manage to nail my applications in various fields is because I DO have interest and passion to succeed in them. Bukan saja-saja apply, thus making it difficult each time to say no at the end of the day.

It is quite easy to develop the love for something I do, that I surprisingly still scored in non-related applications such as finance and even investments. Nanie said I am 'valuable'. To that I 'just had' to texted her saying, "well, I don't seem valuable enough when I was assessed at one of the most critical stage in my life. what happened no one knew the amount of damage it did to my sense of worth". She replied saying "orang Melayu mudah lupa". I kata "kenangan that pahit masakan boleh dilupa". Reading La Tahzan, still, who can help not feeling substandard. Life. Oh well.

All my 'working' life, I've been a teacher. It's been almost 5 years since my first teaching experience.

Option A: In this line of work I will be able to put into practice my degree. Isn't that what every undergraduate dreamt of doing? I enjoyed what I have learnt over the course of 3 years. The travels, the paperworks, projects, are exhilarating even to just think about it.

Option B: Basically, pursue in the education field. The love for the kids.

Both options have their own perks and downsides. Not exactly downsides, sebab what doesn't face obstacles kan?

At the end of the day it is MY call. It's a tough crossroad.

Mum had advised.

He had his say.

InsyaAllah, I'll perform istikharah.

Maybe an opinion or two? =)