Life's Chapters

Thursday, June 08, 2006

This world is not my home...

Got a belated news about another friend's granddad passed away. We attended the tahlil yesterday's evening. Met Raudhah, Aiza n Marini too. After the Isya' prayers we had what are known as 'saprah'. It's a term used by the Malays in Sarawak. 'Saprah' consists of the normal menu of nasi minyak accompanied by chicken curry, daging masak hitam, acar, fruits and drinks; served in a large tray. One 'saprah' feeds four persons.

Receiving a news as such, and ziarah to the deceased family reminds us a lot that the world is but a passing place, not the final resting place, not home. Yet, we tend to make such a fuss over everything and wanting more. We time and again tend to fail to notice the bigger picture. I often wonder what kind of a path I will lead. I know we should take one step after another, day after day but who could help for not thinking about the long-run.

Saturday there will be prayers for my late grandmother in my aunt's place. We're doing our own cooking. I have some dishes to prepare myself. I still miss my grandma a lot. Tapi, sudah ketentuan Illahi for her departure this soon kan.

Seucap janji membuat kita percaya
Secebis kasih membuat kita sayang
Sekecil luka membuat kita kecewa

** What's bitter is medicine - a cure.