Life's Chapters

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Chronicles of Me

26/5

Teacher's Day Celebration cum Dinner in Rock Road Seafood Restaurant was a blast. Madam Principal said a few kind words that made me felt very encouraged and relieved. =D

28/5-1/6

Aunty Jamaliah and her group from from HKL were in town for a convention. A bustling crowd of 16 people!! Especially Sister Norjan and Kamala. Kecoh tak hengat dunia touring around with them. It was lots of fun entertaining them to some of the town's signature landmarks and spots. I think they've pretty much covered Kuching from North to South.

1/6-4/6

Mak Aji and Pak Aji were in town. Basically everyday is spent with them and bringing them around to their friends' homes. Again, you somehow discovered that so-and-so is related to someone-to-someone. Highlight of the visit was of course the akad nikah ceremony and wedding reception of Kak Suhaila. The whole event was one unique one coz Pakcik Jaafar orang Jawa hailing from Pontianak, Kalimantan and of course it's done in Jawa-style including the food and cakes served time akad nikah. Alhamdulillah, everything went well and it was a touching moment for the bride's family. Topic of course revolves around several upcoming weddings including Kak Hani's in August. Can't wait. Naik sangap dorang tunggu I tak datang-datang (kata Nanie lah, iye Hani?).

From the many visitors I spent time with, other than a satisfied taste bud, I got a scarf, perfume and bracelet, and a box of chocolate. Alhamdulillah, rezeki... =)

5/6

Ambik baju, tempah baju. Let me count. 1,2...3...4... FIVE! Hey, I buat baju kurung and kebaya only for Raya which means once a year, so it’s forgivable. And I've not shopped for almost 4 months. Mak Aji was busy asking me to dress according to the theme colour too. I have one kebaya that's close to the theme in the closet but I can't make up my mind yet.

I for one am someone who likes to do intricate design to my baju kurung and kebaya. My friends understand that part of me very well. Paling koman pun manik lah. This year I ordered sulam for three and teknik cabut for one. Another one manik saja. The teknik cabut design is renowned in Sarawak. In boutiques the price may fetch up to hundreds. Mine is done by a friend's mum so the price was negotiable.

To buy or not to buy jubah? We'll see if the budget allows so. =P

~`~`~`~`~

Am going out for lunch later. Partly to discuss the forthcoming gathering we're organising this Sunday. I finished almost half of my credit due to this event. It better be worth all the efforts. heheee... Talking about organising, I wonder what are the updates on Nisaa' Programmes.. hhmmm... Am a lil tensed with everything at the moment. Somehow, I badly need the change of environment now. uhuk..uhuk..

Mum was talking about a trip down to Miri to visit her brother there. Hooooray! It's so near KK dah kan? Bila la can visit KK lagi ya. It's been more than a decade since we last went to Miri. It sure had changed tremendously.

Better get ready now. Have a nice day peeps!


** Praying for her who's going through it all. And dear lil bro to act as wise. Stay safe.