Life's Chapters

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Self-confessed Addict

Back from school is dashing to the dinner table and then slouch on the couch. My Mum and I don't eat out anymore instead we tapau-ed so that we won't miss our favourite show. The show kicks off at 7pm with a Mandarin soap, The Mischievous Princess. On different nights would be lots and lots of comedy such as My Wife & Kids, Still Standing, King of Queens and the likes of it, Charmed, Desperate Housewives, Judging Amy, Less Than Perfect, and then the various talkshows especially on Thursday there's Forum Perdana and Hijrah Remaja. All of a sudden I'm hooked on this little square box. Well, who can blame all the good line-ups? I gave up following Grey's Anatomy, The O.C., North Shore, Kingdom Hospital, Smallville (?). I just can't cope. Day or night it would be MTV when there's nothing else to watch. =D

Yesterday something really funny happened in school. We had to cancel assembly due to the pouring rain. So form teachers had to sit in their respective classes. I was at my desk preparing for the oral tests when there was a sudden clamor in class with some laughing and shrieking. I knew where that coming was because previously I noticed some boys trying to jet down a lizard. Why spoil the fun since the rain was so heavy and a little uproar once in a while is ok to me.

I got up and walked towards the only boy who dares to hold lizard. Using my veto power I brushed the boy aside and grab the lizard (both tail and body) with my bare hands. And this boy, Albert is one of the big bullies in class, so I grab him by the shirt trying to put the lizard's body into his shirt. He was scared stiff and was panicky trying to rid off the lizard. I had quite a time maintaining a straight face while the others were giggling away. There were even suara-suara sumbang exclaiming, "Masuk kat hidung dia cikgu!" heheheee... I am mean. The lizard didn't go in his shirt; I dropped it on his shoulder je. See who's the big bully now ay? =P

The whole mess was amusing in a way. I took the lizard's tail and put it in front of me. I warned the class to sit down quietly or else they’ll find the tail on their table. It was then like the angel of death swept by. Then I can afford a smile and thought to myself, this is the only time I've seen them behaving like some 13 year olds. Before this semua nak tunjuk macho n hebat, dengan cicak pun cuak.. heheee.. kantoi big time ngan I.

I knew the class was surprised with my spontaneous act. I bet they didn't see that coming nor ever expected a young lady to be that disgusting. =P I held a cicak for goodness sake. At times these kids get on my nerves, but altogether they craft comical scenes at times and brighten my days.

All my life I think the only creature I cannot handle are leeches. I don't mind holding them but I hate them. Three years being in and out the forest, ALHAMDULILLAH I've never been bitten by one. I took every possible measures to avoid a meeting with one, including never parting with tight and thick socks, and even taking bath with sabun serai wangi (Pelargonium citrosum). Lintah or pacat nieh creepy lah sebab they suck blood.

I had a great weekend last week, and insyaAllah am looking forward to another dinner date this weekend. At a favourite place of mine. Yummy!

Oh, there's this new mini mart opened in the neighbourhood and they are selling imported chocs at a rather slashed price. I think it's because the owner got them from Labuan and the price are so much more attractive compared to the ones you get at the airport. Now, that's another craving satisfied. =D

Another month to go before I end this teaching stint. hhmmm...


** Just a chance that maybe we'll find better days...