Life's Chapters

Monday, April 17, 2006

Kids...

We are in the midst of beautifying the class. We re-do the time tables, duty rooster, and filling up the notice boards with articles. All the usual normal stuffs you do.

One day, a student of mine approached me and told me that L had brought some paint to school as the both of them planned to re-paint the walls. I was pleasantly surprised with L's generosity as I was still waiting for my next pay-check to purchase some paints.

I went in the class to have a look at the paint n the both of them innocently showed me a really small bottle of white paint. I was speechless. I tried to hide my (surprised) feelings and asked them, "well, did you bring any brush?" and they produced one of those tiny brush you used in painting classes. I still managed to hide my daze reaction pretty well, and simply said I'll bring a larger brush then we start painting the walls. I smiled and they seemed so pleased that I was in a way appreciative of their efforts.

I do. And by what had happened there're many lessons to be learnt. How green these young minds are actually. Some of them proved to be smarter for kids their age and some are just still learning. It is something to not discriminate or judge people. To paint a vast amount of wall with a bottle of paint and a mini brush. I'm amusingly startled truly. The way I see it is how a teacher respond to her surroundings can pretty much affect the students' self-esteem and mindset. It takes a certain amount of wisdom and familiarity to handle daily occurrence in school. I'm not implying I'm smart nor good around kids, I do make mistakes and slight misjudgments; I learnt not to regret too much and bounce back an experience richer.

I think there's much to be learnt. Not to have regrets. Not to be bothered as some things are indeed better left unsaid. To forgive and to love. To appreciate. To be thankful. That life is short and it is not the wealth of this world that we are after. That women are like waves. There are certain moments. There are ups and downs in life. Embrace happiness when it has finally arrived. Sharing with those who are willing to give and receive and values them.

Here are some pics from the kenduri last Saturday night. The food were yummy!! When will I hold one for my own child ay? =P huhuuu... berangan..


Image hosting by Photobucket

Mya Hanna and her Mak Ngah. Turut menyibuk is Ammar yang nakal (hensem la mamat nih)


Image hosting by Photobucket
Joyahs in session