Life's Chapters

Monday, April 10, 2006

Just rambling on...

I think the excitement on the 9th Malaysian Plan and all has not quite subsided. Yes? I am among the poyo ones to take note of some details too. Later that night after the Plan was announced, I was burning midnight oil berangan with buddies via texts. hahaaa...

I was not able to do much during the last examination but this time I'm determined to increase the percentage of passing and better grades for my students. Oh no, I don't believe in nurturing exam-oriented (only) students too. I encourage freedom of thoughts, quizzes, presentations, not just the 'Circle A, B, C or Ds'. I guess frequent assessments are better than frequent studying. My meaning is to do bits by bits and accumulating them permanently in their brain cells. Rather than one whole load the week before exam. I'm teaching among the most boring subjects in school and it's not easy to grab their attention. When they give me their utmost attention, I pulak nervous. heh. Seriously, I do (heheee..kantoi). I'd go like "why are their eyes not blinking, oh no, did I say out that fact right, are they gonaa bombard me with questions now?" heheee...

I just hope that our teachers' zest for teaching will not fade. It's difficult to maintain the gusto after years and years of teaching, the various changes in implementations, ever-changing system, parents' pressure and meddling in a not-so-helpful way, kids menaces, yadaa yadaa... after teaching all year round, the long school break is something they earned and deserved, not just any plus side. During the holidays the teachers have to come down for meetings and other matters too. Siapa kata jadi guru zaman millennium nie senang. Stress when fikir about your responsibility to build up the human capital for the nation. There are are bound to be some bad heads, but which organisation doesn't? Everyone has an equally vital role to play to get moving. Kena ada yang jadi cikgu, ada yang jadi exec, manager, journalist, jadi postman, jadi clerk, jadi CEO etc, kan? Semuanya satu amanah.

Well, you are after all reading a part time teacher's blog. =P

I'll be enjoying a 6 days leave this week. Tomorrow is Maulidur Rasul. Friday we'll be having another public holiday in conjunction with Good Friday then the weekend and Monday is occasional holiday for Easter Monday. Such long break... *sigh* Dengki btol that two minahs for not allowing me there. heh.

Am I regretting for not flying over, because this 'burden' is killing me. =P It could have unravel most of the things on my mind. hhmmm... Alhamdulillah I have choices when many are not even stuck with an option.

There's an aqiqah event to attend anyway on Saturday. I wouldn't want to miss this too for sure.

** Hadirmu mengubah segalanya