Life's Chapters

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Under the weather

With the HFMD cases escalating and everyone is down with a combo of or either a fever, cold and cough of late, I am worried over my father and my little cousin.

My dad has been coughing for the past few days and it doesn't seem to get better. He's been taking some medication from the pharmacy and he finally went to see a doctor yesterday. The cough has not improved as of this time, but I hope everything will be fine for him and my cousin.

When your old folks are down with illness at this age, it worries you to death. I am constantly praying that my parents will have good health. When I recited the Yassin last night, and I heard my dad's cough downstairs, I had tears in my eyes. Over and over again, I prayed that my parents will be in the pink of health, so does my brother who is so far away. I miss that little brat sometimes.

There was one time we were at the airport lounging around after the check-in. Since we had plenty of time to kill; we wanted to purchase some chocs, alas none to our liking. So we decided to sit in front of the choc outlet. Then the most sordid thing happened before our very eyes.

You know those choc always selling for 6.90/100g or 7.90/100g. A jar full of white chocolates tumbled onto the floor. I saw a girl picking the chocolates up. In my head I was so positive that she was going to discard it somewhere else. Suddenly... she poured those chocolates she had just picked up from the floor into the same jar for display together with the clean chocolates! My brother was enraged. My mum just gasped. I wished we had a camera phone to capture that scene! And post it on The Star or NST. From behind the door I saw another girl carrying a broom and dustpan. She must have meant to sweep those chocolates away. She was as taken aback as we were it seems. Suddenly I noticed this lady who seems like the owner with her hands resting on her hips and was mumbling something. Oh my goodness, this cheapskate lady. Unbelievable!

We had our eyes fixed on them the whole time and yet that lady boss can selamba badak instructed all that. What a shame. She chooses to neglect hygiene over personal gain.

Kiddingly, I asked if my mum or bro had stepped on any pooh since we are indirectly contributing to the level of contamination to those chocs since we were the last customers walking in there. I told my mum and bro, next time, purchase only wrapped chocs.

Mentalities of those whom you assumed are smart, up-to-the-minute and civilised sometimes caught you off guard. was as taken aback as we were it seems. s away. or into the same jar