Life's Chapters

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Procedures & Bureaucracy

Never ever blog in the middle of the night when your mood is all mellow yet blue.

Recap of the day.

We were at the Land Survey Dept to arrange the transfer of my late grandma's land to my aunt. Unfortunately since the lands are situated in Saratok, we would have to refer to Betong LSD. That is 3 1/2 hours drive from Kch. Still, we didn't have much choice. It would of course be convenient to ask the lawyers to do it but it'd be slightly costly. My dad has had enough favours from his buddy. So, they decided they would drive down to Betong tomorrow morning.

Next stop was at B*N. We wanted to close down my grandma's account and transfer the remaining money into my aunt's account. Here we practically wasted 3 hours. There was a huge crowd and the officers that attended to us were not being helpful. Upon reaching our turn at the counter we still have to fill certain forms and we were asked to go to the DO to get the forms certified. The death cert and Letter of Admin is there, so why still the need to get those certifications? It was really troublesome. Nevertheless, what say have we? We went to the DO anyway to get those forms certified.

One more thing is to have many, many photocopies of the documents because you'll never know how many would be needed.

Since tomorrow the elders are going to Betong, I am to baby-sit here. They will only be back in the evening. I thought of bringing the kids to the book fair. We’ll see how things go.

I saw a digi cam I quite like. Am still contemplating. Mine, I gave it to my bro before he left for NZ. Thought that it maybe more handy for him. He's generous yet he can be quite stingy at times though he's so far richer than I am. There was one time what he earned in a week is equivalent to my one-month salary here. Not that I mind. He's far, so it's ok for us to make sure he has enough to spend lah.

I hope he won't give too many excuses if I insist he comes back at the end of the year coz he’s been telling us he’s not coming back for the next two years due to him having to complete his 4 months industrial training. He's dividing the 4 months to 2 months each for the 2nd and 3rd year. So, it means he still have one month plus holiday each year, so balik lah kan. Kesian my mum. he's 4 months industrial training. yearso spend.lah. ent

I'm actually waiting for a guest to arrive nieh. Half an hour to go.

The opening ceremony to the Commonwealth Games. Anyone watched it? It was ok. I learnt a lot of countries' names. =P

I guess I'll switch to some TV now.

Nites.

Biarkan cinta ini hadir...

l cwitch to some TV now. mmonwealth Games. Anyone watched it? go.