Life's Chapters

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Cater 2 You

Been a long time since I heard this song. The song's sexy kan? And they are hot. =D

My shoes are here but I can't go and collect them. There's no car available in the morning, and by the time I finish teaching they'd be closed. Or they’re not. Maybe I'll try to merajinkan diri later. Tomorrow's a public holiday anyway.

I don't really like Shakira but her latest Hips Don't Lie, oh, I'm in love with the song. And her body is so... How I wish I can... heheheee... see, belly dancing is something my friends and I've been talking about for some time but unless we're gonna organized one at home, there's no way it's ever gonna be realized. Perhaps we will do it soon. hahaa...

Time does heal. Old ties are rekindled. Reminded that I have principles to adhere to. Insult is something you'd need a whole lot of strength to let pass by. I may have a soft spot, but I'm stubborn and unyielding all the same. Depending on circumstances of course.

I've been postponing cooking sambal tumis for over a week dah. Simply because it's my Mum who prepares dinner, and my lunch is prepared in advance or I'll keep it simple. Partly because I think I'd be the only one enjoying it. Oh, I can send some to my aunt's place.

Yesterday the discipline board had a meeting. In the capacity as a form teacher I am automatically in the committee too. The newspapers lately have been publishing lots of articles, letters to the editor, with regards to the country's education system, teachers' disciplinary rights, etc. One point I gathered at the meeting that's so true is every time a student is expelled, we failed in our profession. We fall short to see to our amanah. We can talk till the cows come home and we're still not done.

Yesterday, I managed to 'save' a student of mine. He had been suspended once, and though rowdy personally I feel he's quite a respectful boy. So to charge him with an accusation that would result in him being suspended again is something I can't bear. I slyly told the 'prosecutor' I'd take the matters into my hand and confronted the Afternoon Supervisor (hehe...); of course earlier on I had asked the student what actually happened. He related to me the incident and I understood why he did what he did.

Thing is, like I've said this school population is 95% Chinese. Most of the students are boisterous and can't master Bahasa Melayu, and unable to defend themselves. So yesterday, I was talking to the boy in my Mum’s dialect which is Hakka. My heart reaches out to this group of boys sometimes. There are those who are bad, but if they're being advised and told properly I'm sure they'd improved. Thing is when they go and see the Admins and interrogation begins, they converse in Bahasa Melayu whereby it's like finding a needle in a stack of hay, mencurah air atas daun keladi.

As I type this, and think what happened yesterday, I really wish I'd be able to make use of my minimal knowledge of the various Chinese dialects to communicate with these unfortunate students. To be posted to the right school. To cater to the needs.

Today is another day...