Life's Chapters

Monday, May 15, 2006

Post Mother's Day

This year's Mother's Day is celebrated at a splendid scale with some family friends. We had dinner at one of the local seafood restaurant last night. There were 23 person present, spouses and children. My Bro texted and called Mum later in the evening and sent Mum beaming coz he remembered.

I'm gonna bake my Mum belated Mother's Day muffins tomorrow, insyaAllah. The weekend was packed with our own list of items and this year I didn't get her any gift. Tak sempat nak cari. So, holding that thought, I paid for our share of last night's dinner. Mum had requested for her favourite Banana & Walnut muffins. Minus frostings. Will only put frostings on the Double Choc muffins. Yummy! So rugi no digi camera yet. Haven't got the time to scout for any.

I've shopped and tailored a few materials. Raya too soon ay. I'm still contemplating whether to save any of it for Raya or will shop for some ready made jubah this year. I am always excited come any festive seasons. A Malaysian at heart. =P

Last week's usrah met Kak Min. What a small world. She's doing her J-Qaf at the moment. I've just realized that, if not teachers, members of the group would be housewives doing their own business. Typical scenario? Most of them are teachers and also having small scale business as side income too. For a tudung and kain freak like me suka amat lah dah tahu mana boleh dapat stock. I don't really go for jewelries, bags or shoes (I do but they come next to nothing) and am rambang mata when it comes to tudung and kain. *sigh* Kronik!

Tomorrow is Teacher's Day! =D