Life's Chapters

Friday, June 16, 2006

Masa itu Emas

Works in the not-so-new school is really taxing. Very. These first few days were tough as I tried to adjust to the long working hours. The day kicks off at 5am (belum masuk Subuh pun lagi) and end between 3-5pm daily depending on meetings and other curricular activities (I'm thankful I've quit teaching tuition prior to this). The school is approximately a half-hour journey, so a return trip equals to almost an hour. I know it doesn’t sound far, and there's no jam. I guess the momentum will improve by next week.

Last night was terrible. For the past few days since school started, I only arrive home at about 5pm and hit the sack between 11pm-12am (there were various house chores partially incomplete). Last night was dead beat to the max. I slept right after Maghrib and straight on till the next morning. Mum didn't bother to wake me up sebab I memang dah complained how exhausted it's been. Skipped dinner and missed Isya'. Teruk, kan? =P

However I have enough time to rest, do some lesson planning, and blog! while I'm in school (nieh yg suka sekolah ni). Hey, you can't have everything in the world kan? Most of my lessons are double period since I'm teaching Science. Mostly it'll be one class before and after break, and a single period with another class in between. Big gap kan? School's till late in the afternoon. Oh, I'm teaching Science Form 4 & 5 this time around. I'm not a newcomer, I taught here previously so it's nice to meet the teachers and students again.

There's a hi-tea organised by the Parents Teachers Assoc. later in one of the hotel in town. Mum's been persuading me to try winning the Best Dress title and bring back a hamper. Karut sungguh ibu nih. I told her that the dress code is casual and she said casual tak semstinya tak perlu bergaya. It's not a dinner for goodness sake. heh. We'll see.

Thought of shifting the blog. Again. Then it'll be the third attempt. hhmmm..... =)