Life's Chapters

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Snippets of accounts

The atmosphere is not that conducive to prepare an entry, with Ungu-Demi Waktu playing at the background. hehee... it was some night.

Nevertheless, it has been quite a week (last week). Touching home ground I was met with many pending workload. The night of arrival itself I had to play co-host at a small dinner party in my aunt's. The following night was ex-classmates outing. Following, I had to turn down invites for coffee. I can barely keep my eye lids open by 8pm.

Friday itself was the school's sport's day. I was one of the teachers in charge of the first aid a.k.a. emergency unit. When you thought that not much of excitement could occur, you have dozens of students fainting leading finishing line, blistered feet, all the usual cramps, and one case whereby the student was doing a high jump and slid onto the ground upon landing on the mattress. Ouch!

We had a few comical scenes as well. Among the highlight was of course the 3000m participated by all the geng-geng lembut. They can really swing their booties ay. heh. They have some kind of stamina. Cheering never seems to ceased.

Attentions were also drawn towards the pocho-pocho performance. The pocho-pocho song was also very.......... tempting. heh. Makes you wanna rumba or in its originality... gelek. =P The song was sort of a fusion of dangdut and keroncong. Words alone doesn't do justice to the song and dance.

Am a lil over the budget so have to re-plan some things ahead. There're four more kain to be tailored into kebaya and baju kurung. The previous ones are ready but are not for Raya. I have no resistance when it comes to clothing and scarves. These two remedies I can't shun away. I am one fussy lady when it comes to tailoring what I wear. Either I like it or I won't wear it at all. Well, you have to feel good about your appearance kan? I don't consider this shopping aspect of mine a flaw; I am still thrifty in my spending. E.g. I didn't buy the jubah I set my eyes on since am not planning to wear it anywhere soon yet. =P So much for trying to keep $$$ for the August Mega Sales. Nak ke Kelantan some more. And Baini was already making suggestions to visit Butik Alia. I am pretty tempted to get a jubah from that boutique as the prices quoted by Baini was reasonable.

The escapade was a jiffy no doubt but am glad I made it. It was nice to be surrounded by close friends, and dwindling the aching feeling of being apart for such a long period. In any ways, long distance is definitely not advisable. =)

6 more weeks... Then end of the year break... Still counting...

Maybe there will be some upbeat changes?

Baini is leaving this morning. Took her out for coffee two nights ago to bid her farewell. We tried this new place Patience Daily. Their food portions are humungous! The iced choc was to die for. This is one thing I love about Kuching, the lists of selections for eateries are endless. There is always some places that I've not tried.

News knocking at your door ain't always pleasant. But, I remind myself that I have lots of people who cares as much and I just couldn't be bothered. Heck. There are more to look fwd to.

The workload always seems to be piling. Habis satu ada lagi. Am not complaining, just that I don't have time to blog and I'm missing this form of therapy. Lots of things I want to jot down, but I can't afford the pleasure of spending 1/2hour in front of the pc nowadays. This morning is an exceptional, and yet at the back of my mind, I AM thinking about the marks I am about to key in, I have class in 20mins time and my food is still heating in the oven.

Oh, I'm so looking fwd to the Rainforest Music Festival this weekend. Yeay!

Have a nice day. Toodles.