Life's Chapters

Sunday, January 22, 2006

Matter of perspective...

Was blog-hopping around. And reading the on-going debates on certain platforms made me realized that you can't get everyone to agree with you. It's simply impossible to try to get your points across, and trying so hard to convince everybody. You maybe talking about apples while the majority may think it's about oranges. The matter of perspective.

Being the 'educated bunch', everyone wants to have a say and defending their points of arguments. In return they want others to join in on their side. Yes, you enjoy the critical responses/ feedbacks and all but I still think that since it's a matter of perception, people shouldn't be so uproared over an issue. Fine, amar maaruf nahi mungkar on his/her side. I agree there.

Oh, where am I going with all these. Thing is, that's it lah, you can't make everyone see things the way you're seeing it. Few may jump in the boat and join in yr side but don't expect others to do so too. You do not simply label and judge people just because they 'don't-get-my-point'. To a person it may be a great deal while to others it may remain insignificant. It doesn't mean they're not in the same light as you are but maybe...... it's simply from a different perspective.

A false alarm this morning. Mum thought she had lost her jewelleries. She searched high and low for it. I helped too though it's quite pointless since I have no clue at all and I didn't helped her to tidy her room before that. Anyways, just to ease her panic, I searched around with her. After a few minutes, then it occurred to me of something I read about long time ago, and since that had practiced it. When I misplaced stuff, (after all the frantic searching), I will quietly recite selawat and say a quiet prayer that He will 'help' me find it. I can't remember how many times. Sometimes I recite thrice, sometimes, nine, or eleven, or all the way trough till I found it. Actually just need to sit back, stay calm and focus then you'll remember where you've actually left it. Kan?