Life's Chapters

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Siti Fattimah Zahra

This girl would be so damn perasan if I tell her I decided on her name as a post title. Truth is I spent my afternoon with this pretty girl today. Stop by her house to perform my delayed prayers and while chatting away came her uncle from her mum's side with some rambutan. Siti's mum is a Chinese so she does celebrate both Raya and Chinese New Year too. Her parents are currently performing the Hajj and will be coming back the end of this month. The ties are fortified as her parents decided to take me as a foster daughter. I seldom talked to the dad though (read:segan) and I've only actually got to know her brothers this year. One of her brother is the imam at our Masjid Jamek. A good sport and is not shy to show his affections towards his wife in public. One time I was riding a car with them and also Siti's sis-in-law who is now 7-months pregnant, and her brother recites some surah throughout the drive and constantly holding the wife's hands and checking if she's alright. I think it's very sweet and thoughtful (the wife had a miscarriage before this). I hope her parents will arrive safely this 31st.

It was almost 5pm so I told Siti that we better get going. On the way out noticed a rat in a cage. When Siti took a look at the rat she was practically screaming at the reduced size of the rat by almost 50%. I think she was almost in tears when she said that her brother is negligence in caring for the rat. He should have thrown it out two days ago. Dok terkurung only, mana tak kurus melidi dah. I asked why didn't she throw it out herself and she said she was scared. Without even thinking (?!!) I offered to do it for her. When we arrived at a nearby bush suddenly I felt nervous. "Oh my, this is a nasty little rodent we're dealing with here! What if the rat reversed back towards me?" Then I told Siti and she pun ambik peluang lah to kutuk I. "Tak boleh jadi nih. Have to do it." After a few attempts amid some shouting, screaming, and giggles, the little beast is back to nature. Pandai-pandai la nak cari rumah baru my friend.

Reason being is to have a joyride within some neighbourhoods in our vicinity. Nak cari idea cat rumah, ok ke? heheee... she planted the idea of shades of reds, and somehow I find myself quite liking the idea... in the first place; then, when she remarked, "Nanti rumah you macam tokong Cina. Padan muka." means goodbye to that idea. Saw some nice new mansions. Still no nice colours in sight.

The other thing we wanted to do is to have a stroll at the new Friendship Park (nama, skema giler) or Taman Sahabat (and I thought friendship=persahabatan). However, the tummy begs to be filled after almost the whole day going on strike. It's Siti's birthday today, so I treated her to KFC. Tried the not-so-new-any-longer KFC fish burger. And hey, KFC dah ada nasi ya. Verdict: SugarBun's rice is better. Yakked again about almost everything under the sun (including rising sch fees, and local IPTs, can you believe us??!). Bought some food for mum and it's already nearly 6.30pm.

I think I'll go crazy if I don't talk simply just to any humans. I just have so much to comment on. Busybody kan? Shared some cooking tips and boleh debate lagi whether Puding Rambutan is doable or not. Siti wants to modify the Puding Laici recipe. Well, good luck cleaning up the skin of the seeds yang akan melekat all over the flesh. Suka lah buat cara yang complicated. Tak puas hati tuh, recipe tart pun bleh jadik issue. She's not satisfied on why her tarts tak pernah menjadi though she's carefully applied the rub-in method la, korek lubang tengah tepung and adun guna hujung jari, air sesejuknya la etc. Sembang-sembang recipe lah pulak petang nih.

On the way home requested she burnt some Quran recitation CDs for Nanie and myself. The ones you can play in yr car lah of course (if u're reading this lady, jangan beli ya, and I have another belated birthday gift for you *wink* and Hani msg I tadi, thank you dear and you take good care of minah tuh ok, fragile lagi tu. Tunggu I balik then kita bersuka ria ya.).

It's good eh, Siti has finally memorized surah As-Sajadah due to constant listening. Well, when you listen over and over again of course you'd memorized it naturally. Soon we were brought onto various topics again. Thing is why I love this girl so much is, it's hard to find someone whom you can share on religious areas without offending the other party and vice-versa. It is a regret to not be able to share freely in this department sedangkan apa yang terdetik di hati kita cuma nak saling mengingati antara satu sama lain, to simply remind each other. When we compare our charts, you're quickly reminded of the lines that seem to keep fluctuating. To this day, I think I've only found another person other than Siti. That other lady is cool too. There are many that I find comfort in talking about these stuff actually but the degree differs.

Some things we gathered throughout the day.

Am reminded again keafdalan solat di awal waktu and tentang dosa meninggalkan satu waktu solat dengan sengaja. Scary ya to talk about hell actually.

Bacaan Ya Latif berupaya melembutkan hati-hati yang keras. When preparing a drink or food boleh la diamalkan mudahan lembut hati ibu bapa, anak-anak atau suami dengan petunjuk Allah. Setiap nama Allah ada keistimewaannya.

Apa-apa pun amalan adalah tentang keikhlasan, istiqamah dan mencari keredhaan Allah. Hatta membaca Bismillah untuk setiap pekerjaan, kalau istiqamah pun something that is applaudable. Of course as you grow older you would want to do more tapi biar lah istiqamah.

Siti was sharing about one time she was tirelessly performing the tahajud every single night (I think my jaw sort of dropped hearing this, you know, considering the time, effort etc). And things seem to flow well for her. I shared about the time I had assiduously recite Yassin everyday. Only to be revealed by Siti that actually, barangsesiapa mengamalkan membaca Surah Yassin setiap kali selepas Subuh, Allah akan membuka pintu kesulitan baginya dan mempermudahkan jalan serta apa jua pekerjaan. Siti also shared that if whoever can do it, it is also good to recite Al-Ikhlas 100 times a day. What I can share is insyaAllah, amalan bacaan Yassin itu boleh lah diamalkan sebab you'd be surprised yrself to experience how things seem to fall into places then.

Thing is, I'm sure we've read all the various khasiat of all kinds of amalan throughout our life. Deep down rasa tak terbuat lah sebab kadang-kadang it is baca 100 kali, 1000 kali, berbelas, berpuluh kali. What ever it is, asal kita yakin, InsyaAllah. Dia kan Lebih Mengetahui.

Arrived home with a little guilt sebab left mum to do all the cleaning up alone. Ongoing renovation. After mopping, I can still feel the dust at my feet. Need major washing lah lepas nieh.

Dear me, need a good rest tonight. A long day it will be come tomorrow.