Life's Chapters

Saturday, December 31, 2005

Flashback...

This was what I wrote on 31.12.2004.

Goodbye 2004 (Welcome 2005)

As I sit down n prepare my last post for the year 2004, lots of the past year events start rushing through my tiny mind. Flashing back n forth. For the past few nights too; listening to the radio as I lied down n did some readings made me reminisce on lots of the happenings throughout the year.

As the years fly by, as we siblings grow up, the touch got lost somewhere but kept bonded in another way. After all, not like we have any other to turn to. Growing up together n as I was the first to got out from home I snugly hold onto the idea of having my Bro around in the house. The idea of not seeing him every time I come home just didn't make sense (?) at first. Our differing academic terms just don't make things any easier. Squeezing in was the way. It is always the threesome in the house instead of the supposedly foursome. As we try perfecting touches on our lil home, Bro n Dad has to leave. 3-4 years ain't that long but it is still some period of time we've gotta deal with. We'll see then I guess.

This year our families witness a miracle when my paternal grandma was healed of her cancer. The doctors too didn't believe it at first. I trust it was our prayers n her determination to live that pushed things this far. My grandma was not highly educated but she has all the passion to acquire new things n her jolly spirit keeps me firm on my feet each time I thought of her. Even my Mum doesn't really bother with current world news but my grandma does! I never got to know my grandpa, n I knew my grandma worked hard raising 5 children on her own. She stood up for her believes, n hold onto her faith for strength.

Each year I learnt more of the values that 'friendship' possesses. Banyak udang banyak garam kan? It's interesting. It keeps me reminded of this is the world I lived in today. This is the way in which things goes around here. No longer like da good old days where ppl lived in peace most of the time. Along the way we'll meet lots of interesting individual along the way that some times we just can't help it from saying "Orang macam nie pun ader??" It's hilarious. It's sickening. It's depressing. It can be also any of the concoction from said. Brew it the way you want it.

The world doesn't just revolve around us. Karenah manusia nieh macam macam ada. The way to live life is to have tasted the bitter-sweets. [And of course salty, sour, spicy n etc. And everything nice (cam iklan PowerPuff Girls plak.haha)] It'll serve as a gentle reminder. It'll serve as a useful cue. It'll serve as an appropriate guide. It'll serve as a lesson learnt the hard way. It'll remind us to be more grateful. To realize that things just don't get served on the platter as we want it to. That the calm ocean often signals an upcoming storm ahead. Don't get too laid back. Don't get hesitated too often. Be impulsive. The smart way of course. Listen to both your heart n brain. Neither can live without the other.

We don't see n project for a year or two. We look out for something more lasting. Prioritise but also consider its importance. Take time to listen to mother nature, relax n listen too to your heart. Reflect too on HIS purpose for you. Whatever judgement to be made should always be for HIS glory for it is to HIM that we shall all return one fine day. Needless to say that things happens for a reason. Regardless of how hard we tried finding what actually is the blessing in disguise. What is our knowledge n limited mind compared to HIS? Patience is the key.

A year of blogging experience has indeed enriched my life, personally. There are no words to express how I actually feel. I've gain so much n learnt a lot from the many different individuals. Some of 'em I'm able to relate to. May they n their family be blest always. And after I've completed my bachelor I have a task to re-do our class webbie. I can't wait myself! It is in such a poor state at da moment. hmmm.....

Everyone would want the new chapter started anew n fresh. I just pray that this one more year n many more years to come (God-wills) will see me growing up as a more mature, sensible, responsible person. To be able to really forgive n forgets. *wink*

I lost a part of me forever, but I believe and am constantly reminded by a few incredible friends that if I trust Him to make the best of what He planned for me, I'll have everything and everyone I will ever need.....

Semoga lebih yg mahmudah dari yg mazmumah la yer. Semoga iman dan takwa terus bertambah. Semoga lebih istiqamah dalam amalan. Semoga terus diredhaiNya.

hhmmm... it was a very long entry. I guess I had a lot more time to myself then. Well, a lot had happened after a year had passed by. My paternal grandmother is currently under the weather. We are keeping our fingers crossed for His calling.

Meanwhile, some gain are losses, some losses are gain. Alhamdulillah I still have many great friends to lean on, and they can count the same from me... insyaAllah... Goodbye 2005...

*cheers to another new year filled with achieved dreams*