Life's Chapters

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Letter to The Editor...

One touches on car pooling. This is a banal issue. When I drive on the road I do tend to look at the cars around me; how many person are actually on the car. Most cars as we know are occupied by only one which is the driver. Sometimes, I think it's not that people do not want to car pool but there is no one in the office going in the same direction such as my case for example. I do want to car pool but there're none (that I know of so far) that stays nearby. Natijahnya, I'm among the many drivers deemed selfish and needed some change of attitude.

More cars on the road, congestion is a price that we have to pay as we gear towards a developed state/country. Where there’re growths and opportunities, people will crowd. Plus, car loans are so much lither these days with low monthly installments. Once you hit the working world, it's only true-to-life that you would want (or have) to purchase your own car. I've not plan on purchasing one yet, but will be one fine day won't I?

Better roads, improved public transportations; I don't know when can these finally be resolved. I am all for car pooling. Driving to and fro 5 days a week, or it can be 6, is quite tiring. If there was a bus going to my workplace I would have boarded it. That's why I think it's tough to develop a systematic line of public transportation in this capital city. Most private firms are in the town centre, but as for government buildings and offices, we're scattered in the outskirt of city centre. I've never known any bus service that passes by our building. What option do you have other than to drive on your own? Not that it's impossible, it can be done of course because where there's a will there's a way. I mean an effective system for public transports here.

Yesterday I encountered a really massive jam on the way home. Mujur lah I knew of another alternative road. Didn't get to find out what caused the jam as I was still far behind the lines. Over dinner I was telling my Mum that the situations may worsen due to the new mall that will be built in the area. There are two new malls to look fwd to in the next few years. One would be The Spring, a little on the medium and high end concept and also this upcoming Boulevard/Hypermarket/Megamall (I don't know which is true). Whatever it is I hope they'll spruce a better shopping environment for everyone, locals and tourists alike. Tolong lah, it's high time we have at least a Jaya Jusco here. Hey, shopping should be a fun experience, kan?

Dzul's back. Called her during lunch break and set for a date. Talking to this makcik is not helping for both of us are feeling a lil 'homesick' and deprived still. She's a nut case. hehee... can't wait to meet her though.

Tuesday Night spells DHW. Yeay!

I've just realised though I drive everyday to work and spent almost a day in the office, I am not as tired as I was teaching previously. A relief? Quite. Teachers in our country do work hard and they deserve more recognitions and a mega raise. Well, that, altogether is another topic for another post. =D