Life's Chapters

Monday, September 11, 2006

Suzana@60

Last Friday night we went for a musical theatre show titled Suzana@60. The show depicts life in the 60s and starred Zul Yahya and Fazura as the main casts. Props used are synonym to the 60s such as the vespa, shiny black bicycle with big tires and distinct bells ringing and of course the Mini Austin. It really does bring back the memories of yesteryears for some of the audiences.

There were at least 4 000 present that night alone. It was a splendid night with renditions from the 60's. Among those performed was Jeffry Din, Fatimah Amin, S.Mariam, Afida ES, Ahmad Jais,L.Ramlee and many, many more .The only song I was familiar with was Yale Yale by M.Ishak. As I watched and sang along (based on the lyrics on screens) I thought of Kak Teh. Simply because in her last posting last week that I read, if I could recall them well, she mentioned about having the knacks for lyrics . And in my thoughts, jealous makcik-makcik nieh kalau tahu. heh. Am still so affected by the whole show that I resort listening to some songs from Alleycats, Black Dog Bone's songs on my mp3 at work. heh.

There were parts where the audience joined in the sing-along, and fighting against urges we only managed some a-go-go and twist steps with our butts glued to the seats.

The show ended at about 11.30pm, and I felt it was a good effort to revive the songs of those eras among the younger (and clueless) generations. My friend purchased the book and we lined up for autographs. By the time we drove out of the Stadium Perpaduan, it was already past midnight. We decided for a late snack and by the time I snuggled under the duvet it was almost 2am. Pejam mata terus tidur tak sedar diri ke Subuh.

Forced myself up to join the girls to some sales and open day in one of the colleges. By noon I was so deprived of a good rest that I skipped bowling practise and usrah. My eyes hurt so much that I don't think I can concentrate aiming for the pins. I did slightly regret not making it to usrah though. Next week insyaAllah.

Sunday was so uneventful I nearly died of boredom. heh. So, I just helped my Mum did some baking and tended the flowers.

Soon, it's Monday already. Di ofis tadi sempat lah melayan sms and calls dari dua tiga makcik di KL nun. Allergic betul ngan soalan "when are you coming down again?" "when are you relocating?" Ingat duit grow on trees ke, or I'm the boss at the office suka suka je bercuti-cuti Malaysia sokmo. heheheee.... Tamo pikir lah, nanti kalau dipikir I gak yang susah hati tak pasal-pasal... =)