Life's Chapters

Friday, December 01, 2006

Memories of That Night

I was onboard KB-KL flight. The airport in Pengkalan Chepa was jam packed with people. Though knowing the hajj season is approaching we still didn't take any precautions that there would a batch of hajj candidates boarding the plane that morning too. My mind was so occupied on pushing myself through the crowd that I forgot my morning papers. And my hand-carry luggage was not easing things up. Siap kena perli by a steward "banyak shopping kak?" lol.. damn. He was good looking and oh well, can you really blame the hormones in me when surrounded by good bargain scarves and other materials? heheheee...

I arrive in LCCT at 10am. Took the bus to KL for some short shopping spree and lunch with a friend. My flight to Kch was scheduled for 5pm. At about 2pm, received another sms saying the flight was furthered delayed to 7.55pm. Fine with me because I was taking my own sweet time.

Later in the evening, while on the way to the airport, received another text; flight delayed to 8.55pm. I was holding myself back from verbally expressing profanities. Fine, went through all the hassle of checking in the luggages etc and waited at the lounge patiently.

There, I met another English language teacher from Kuching. We had quite a time filling each other on the current issues faced by teachers and students-basically our education system today. Being a so much senior counterpart, I definitely gained lots of insight from her. Being among educationists, I think they/we do have worries and aspirations to make our school a better place. To provide for our younger generations. Character building.

Few days ago, at another tea time gathering-with teachers-similar issues were discussed. The direction of the education system is everyone constant worry. Seeing these teachers, I know there are good teachers around who are really passionate about their job. But, are we not walking the talk? Many are aware yet it seems nothing much is done/ has succeeded? Policy-makers?

Over movie few nights ago too, I was sharing some ideas with the girls on what I've planned for the students next year. They were equally ecstatic with what I have in mind. I am very excited because I think I know what can be done for the students to prepare them for the world. hahaaa.. long shot eh, but it'll be worth every try. It'll be a welcomed challenge. And.. I am open to suggestions and am looking for sources to discuss on a more hands on approach in teaching and to implement out of the box initiatives. Well, basically make lessons more interesting.

Eh, initially wanted to kutuk the delay we had tapi dah lari topic dah. hehee... Anyway, I arrived in Kch only at 0030! 5 hours behind schedule. Not that bad.. I know.. I got to know a wonderful teacher and had a nice chat.

Meanwhile, am looking fwd to movie marathons (and more makan-makan). Definitely Cinta is on the list. Some frens watched it and I've got good ratings on the movie so far. One even went to the extent of saying "it's as good as anticipated. not typical malay movie. best malaysian movie... so far. don't forget tissues dude".

Oh well, let's get to the phone n catch some company for tonight. Jom, support the industry! =D