Life's Chapters

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Hot.FM

I think this is one fast growing station. More and more of my friends are actually listening to Hot.fm. I'm talking about the non-Malays who are actually tuning in to this station. A change of taste? Perhaps. I hope the station will maintain this success of theirs. When I asked my friends, they all agree upon one thing i.e. Hot.fm plays good selection of songs, repetitive perhaps but that is what your listeners want to listen to. Somehow the feeling is different from listening to a channel that's not yr favourite playing the same songs over and over again would bore you to death. =P

A few other channels such as Sinar, Mix, Light&Easy, IKIM remains my favourite for their concept.

Listening to Farah and Faizal in the morning, and Tini and AG in the evening really takes yr mind off the road (not concentration but boredom wise). They are so lawak esp Farah Fauzana aka Fafau tuh. Bila gelak tak hengat dunia. hehee... really, they are one entertaining bunch of DJs.

Topic pagi ni was on dowries (mas kahwin). Well, didn't get to listen to more callers. I usually arrive office by 7.30am. I understand the things people do in the name of love, but is it necessary to spend that much? By all means if you can afford it do go ahead but there are people of the same stature or better off that do not splurge in such sense anyway.

Personally, I don't mind at all if I'm not presented with any hantaran. And this notion is shared by many of the people that I know, who want to keep things simple. But, then it makes me wonder who then are these people who request for tens of thousands worth of mas kahwin n hantaran.I have nothing against a grand affair, I know it'd be a beautiful one too. It just makes me marvel as most modern ladies nowadays don't go for the berbelas-belas and beribu hantaran thingy. At least not the people I know of kot.

However, to me, a reception is a must, insyaAllah if I have the means to. I do feel that it would be nice though to present your future spouse with some gifts from the heart. Tak perlu berdulang-dulang pun, perhaps the ideal one would be 3 returned by 5 or 5 to 7. Well, different people have different ideas on what's ideal. Tunggu dan lihat saja lah this blog in the next few years, tu pun if I ever get hitched.

Apasal topic nikah kahwin manjang ni?

Here's another one related to marriagehood. heh. During lunch break we visited another colleague's sister who just gave birth to a baby boy. He is just so cute! His nose, his lips, his tiny fingers, oh, I so wanna squeeze them, Babies melt your heart. *sigh* Baik toksah dok berangan ni. =P

And a Happy 48th Birthday to Ummi tersayang today!