Life's Chapters

Friday, December 08, 2006

Oh,it's Friday...

I came across several interesting topic while reading The Muslim Reader these past few days. On the other hand, those would need careful dissections before putting them into writing.

I accompanied my Mum for BMI (Body Mass Index) check ups this morning. It started off with the suggestion by Dr.Saadiah when I had an appointment last Tuesday. I queried about Xenical for my Mum, and the Dr. wants to do a little check up on Mum before prescribing the medicine. It is still considered a new drug in the market as there are still ongoing research on it.

Xenical is an expensive medicine and not all our panels have it. Mum used to purchase them at the pharmacy and take it during her loosing weight scheme. And now since I'm enjoying benefits of panel doctors, she was wondering if she can start on the pills again. However, after checking Mum's BMI and she scored a 32; the Dr. said that her current lifestyle of brisk walking and controlled food suffices. It is natural that as you aged, weight will increase as well. Besides, dependency on Xenical will disrupt vitamins absorption especially those of A, D, E and K. Therefore, the Dr. conclude that my Mum does not the help of any pills.

Well, as a matter a fact, Mum looks ok for her age. People often mistook me as her sister or colleague. And, no, I'm not bothered to be teased I looked older, because I'm proud of my Mum youth-looks. Perhaps it's hereditary. You'll never know. =P

I've been meaning to join my Mum in her exercise routine, alas; it's an on-off thing. One minute I'll be all geared up to be healthy yadaaa, yadaaa.. and the next I'm occupied with some other engagements in the evenings. Hey, we're doing spring cleaning now n I do gardening whenever time permits. That should cover things up a little. Kan? heheee...

There's a dinner appointment tonight with some of the girls and proposed plans to drive through the countryside tomorrow. Ok, not exactly the typical countryside with scenic views; it'll be a mini camel trophy challenge to drive to the borders of Kalimantan. Followed by a picnic of course in one of the rivers. That is if we don't get lost somewhere. lol...

Have a nice weekend you all!