Life's Chapters

Saturday, February 09, 2008

Ringing in my head...

Is the song Apologize by One Republic. Maybe it's because I've been listening to the song for the past 48 hours when a few of us decided to hit the roads to the northern states. Cool kan? It was a much needed escapism. I've abandoned my blog for about 8 months. I missed writing a lot. I felt my ability to write has gone down the drain. My brain is like an under-utilised tool these days. I've not been feeding it with proper food. I'm so scared I'm turning into those all-talk-and-complaint makciks. Oh well, I'm trying as hard as I can to be a better person. =)

2008 started on a high gear and it has been that since then. I'm still on my Dip.Ed. programme. Due to end this May/June.

Anyways, all work and no play makes Fatihah a dull girl aite. So, that's how the road trip came about. Basically we crossed 6 states in 48 hours. We ate, laughed, drink and make merry. Entertaining each other with our idiosyncrasies. I've forgotten when was the last time i laughed so hard. heheee...

We sang all the song of those days (remember the time when we only had Radio Muzik - stesen muzik anda tralala- to be updated of the music scene). Came back and the first song I downloaded was Antara Gadis by Dinamik. If you want to be all nostalgic about those 90's era go download this song. heh.

We ate at every oppurtunity. Every type of food not found in Besut we jammed it into our poor tummies. heheee...

Driving through the Gerik route we scared ourselves to death (literally) with ghost stories. That's one long winding road to be travelling on at night. We arrived safely in one piece and we're thankful.

However, there was one untoward incident with the Polis Diraja Malaysia. We were told to pull over and one young (undeveloped and absurd looking) police came to check my friend's driving license. It is so clearly stated due in Oct but he 'insist' to saman. Then, he went on to check the road tax and it is so clearly stated due in March yet he said "dah tarikh luput ni". Argh. We all felt like ramming his balls with the door. Lastly, he said "tak boleh memandu guna selipar ni". What the *(^%$##$. Saja cari pasal. Isn't it obvious that they were just looking for extra duit kopi that night? They were basically preying on 'unlucky' drivers. It was past 11pm, and we've been driving for more than 15hours, memang ^$#8$#$, and just because we were ladies in the car. He was asking all the stupid questions.

Come to think of it, can PDRM fine us for any traffic offenses or is it solely JPJ's rights?