Life's Chapters

Friday, February 03, 2006

Make-Ups...

Every time I 'add' extra efforts in getting ready, I am always transported to an incident that occurred few months back.

We were getting ready for dinner cum a night out. It was to be either Bangsar or Uptown. Since am a make up-less person, (or so I thought) getting ready is never a hassle. Thankfully my scarves seldom wrestle with me. Maybe it's the way I lipat it or the shape of my face, I don't know. That's why each time we're down in Jalan TAR, I can simply choose a scarve which the colour or pattern I'm in love with and pass over the licin factor. And I will get those envious glances. hahaaa... There are of course still some bad tudung days but I just ignore them plus I am very sempoi actually. The 'lantak lah' attitude is so all over me. So tidak pandai bergaya I tell you. Siap pernah kena sound lagi, that I should dress 'more' appropriately. =P

Oh, back to the story.

In the car I asked Nanie did she really make up. And well, what's her definition of make-up?

"As long you apply anything on yr face be it even foundation and face powder"

"Ye ke? Bagi I, foundation, face powder, mascara, eye-liner and lip balm tak consider make up lah. Make up is when u put on eye shadows and blushers. Yang basic tuh not considered as make up lah. Kot?"

What say you?

I rarely even use lipsticks. Lip balm is sufficient. Those from Body Shop give you the perfect shade. I've been using it for almost three years. Oh, I'm using raspberry. (promote nieh)

The art of face colouring is important. I don't deny that. It does do wonder to your appearance provided you're in safe hands. Better still in YOUR own hands. Simple and natural are the usual preferences. Once in a while it's ok. Kot-kot tetiba mood melaram nak datang, kan? On everyday basis, I don't think I can cope. Plus, as I see it, budak-budak sekarang lawa je. Sedap je mata memandang. Kalau ada gak yang komen tak lawa tuh, tamak namanya, ye dak?

Bersederhana lah.